Finding out you are actually a vet when it comes to your chickens

TheHappyHen21

Chirping
Sep 14, 2015
Russell, Ny
i have a 5 month old Olive Egger rooster. Im trying to find a home for him as i already have one. I noticed the other day and small bump on his head. looks like yellow underneath, i looked it up and it said an infection. Well i dont have a chicken doctor around, so i have always done my own bandaging up.

How should i go about this? Slowly cut it out, with sterile utensils. Then put triple antibiotic ointment on it?

Just because im looking for a home for him doesnt mean i dont care about him. If he has an issue im going to fix it before he leaves.

Can you post a picture of the bump? Is it around his eye, and if so, is there any other symptoms? You will need to find out if it is a peck wound, an abscess, tumor, or maybe pox. If it is an infected wound, I like to clean it off with betadine or similar, and apply bacitracin or Neosporin ointment.

Can you post a picture of the bump? Is it around his eye, and if so, is there any other symptoms? You will need to find out if it is a peck wound, an abscess, tumor, or maybe pox. If it is an infected wound, I like to clean it off with betadine or similar, and apply bacitracin or Neosporin ointment.
I dont have a photo of it, no symptoms. Couldnt be a peck wound as he not housed with other chickens? He is housed with 3 goats, who leave him alone. he traces the fence line all day tho.

Back
Top Bottom