Fingernails and Fishing go hand in hand... :) **PICTURE HEAVY**

I don't dress nearly as nice as you when I fish. No nice nails anymore either. I quit having them done when I had babies, just too much upkeep. I was still getting my toes done for a while, but we can't afford it right now. I can still catch decent fish though!

Alaska0620037.jpg

Nice fish Potter!!! That is what I hope to be catching in the next month here. Ours are a dark green though as they are Great Lakes salmon.

Have you ever gone fishing in the Gulf of Mexico? Everyone says there is nothing quite like fishing in the Gulf or floundering. I've never gone floundering, but there are some folks here that are addicted to floundering, especially at night!

I have only fished in NY, briefly in KY and in Pa.
Oh, I fished the Atlantic off of the Maine Coast on a Mackerel boat. big whoop there. lol!

LOL! Well, I've only been to 29 Palms California, New Mexico, Arizona and Kentucky. No fishing for me. Live on the Texas Gulf Coast all my life, still here, and guess what, never gone fishing. My husband does not like fishing! I have a 22 year old son in the Marines, who absolutely love fishing!

Floundering here in these parts involve a 3 prong gig and a bright latern. You go out on a flat bottom boat in the shallow waters and hold this latern over the water, or better yet, you wade out there and gig for flounders. They are flat and both eyes on the same side of their faces. They are the easiest fishes to clean and fillet. Delish too!

Back
Top Bottom