finger's crossed for the right answer

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by old geezer, Jun 13, 2011.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    on easter morning buttercup my BO hatched a single RIR egg-----[​IMG]---chick was gangly with huge feet ,a simdgen of a tail and a long dinosaur neck----[​IMG]---i instantly fell in love with her ---[​IMG]----- { ahem , him ? }---[​IMG]--- as it was my first chick ever---willow was the name given----[​IMG]-----she was always flightful , independent and cautious of being held -but accepted it-------today while holding willow , i noticed a vert tiny nubbin where a spur would be------[​IMG]-----having never seen a rooster peep , i was beginning to wonder if willow is actually a willie ????? if so , i am going to be 1 happy old geezer finally getting a roo when the wife said no----[​IMG]---and i know of 5 hens who will be in a world of sh-t for all the hen picking on the only peep in that pen -------[​IMG]..

any thoughts if you think a willie , or willow.................[​IMG].

2. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    All chicks are born with spur nubs. An actual spur doesn't happen until around 8 months. Willow could still be a willow! [​IMG]

3. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    picture?

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    You'll know for sure when Willow either crows or lays an egg.
    Does Willow have thick legs already, a tendancy to stand tall? If so, might be a boy. At 8 weeks does the comb and wattles already show really well and are deep pink-red color? If so, might be a boy.

Ofcourse, if ya post a pic we might be able to provide a better call on Willow. [​IMG]

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Can you post a picture of Willow? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    i would love to post photos , but my only camera is my old kodack VR35mm----[​IMG]---was hopeing for one this past christmas---maybe fathers day--------this old geezer-----[​IMG]----- spends his pension allowance on his chicks--2 furball dogs-- my very old antique fishing lures , and for stuff for rebuilding antique trunks in my work shop---i have so many thing i would like to post--coop---my hens--willow-----the 3 new peeps------dang----i bought a kodack DC4800 at a tag sale couple of weeks ago --sitting on my pc desk---don't know how it works--[​IMG]--- i should have had the young lady explain it to me better.......[​IMG]..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by