finger's crossed for the right answer

old geezer

Songster
9 Years
Sep 2, 2010
cambridge , ny
on easter morning buttercup my BO hatched a single RIR egg-----
jumpy.gif
---chick was gangly with huge feet ,a simdgen of a tail and a long dinosaur neck----
th.gif
---i instantly fell in love with her ---
love.gif
----- { ahem , him ? }---
yippiechickie.gif
--- as it was my first chick ever---willow was the name given----
D.gif
-----she was always flightful , independent and cautious of being held -but accepted it-------today while holding willow , i noticed a vert tiny nubbin where a spur would be------
fl.gif
-----having never seen a rooster peep , i was beginning to wonder if willow is actually a willie ????? if so , i am going to be 1 happy old geezer finally getting a roo when the wife said no----
smack.gif
---and i know of 5 hens who will be in a world of sh-t for all the hen picking on the only peep in that pen -------
wink.png

any thoughts if you think a willie , or willow.................
hmm.png

You'll know for sure when Willow either crows or lays an egg.
Does Willow have thick legs already, a tendancy to stand tall? If so, might be a boy. At 8 weeks does the comb and wattles already show really well and are deep pink-red color? If so, might be a boy.

Ofcourse, if ya post a pic we might be able to provide a better call on Willow.
tongue.png

i would love to post photos , but my only camera is my old kodack VR35mm----
idunno.gif
---was hopeing for one this past christmas---maybe fathers day--------this old geezer-----
old.gif
----- spends his pension allowance on his chicks--2 furball dogs-- my very old antique fishing lures , and for stuff for rebuilding antique trunks in my work shop---i have so many thing i would like to post--coop---my hens--willow-----the 3 new peeps------dang----i bought a kodack DC4800 at a tag sale couple of weeks ago --sitting on my pc desk---don't know how it works--
he.gif
--- i should have had the young lady explain it to me better.......
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom