1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finished my blog page after I learied how to include pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joebryant, Feb 9, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

When I taught school I was often saying, "When everything else fails, including YOU, read the directions." And of course any time that I made a mistake at the blackboard there'd be this chorus of "When everything else..."
    While I was doing my blog I was going bonkers trying to put in my .jpg files from several sources. THEN I READ THE DIRECTIONS.
    Wacha do is go to "Uploads" and upload your pictures; go there and click "My uploads". Highlight what's in the IMAGE box, e.g., [​IMG] [/img], copy it, and choose the small symbol at the top [​IMG] , paste the URL into the first line of the box that comes up and delete the [​IMG] that's at the end, then just click the second line. Then your picture will go into your blog. Simple as pie. Come on everyone, make yourself a personal page/blog. Just remember, "When everything else fails, including YOU, read the directions."
    You can do it; it's easy!

NOTE: I removed the g from .jpg on the end so that the photo would not come up here rather than the URL.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

OK...I followed the directions to the tee...[​IMG] and this is what I got :

' The selected file was too large to upload. The server didn't allow the upload' [​IMG]

None of my pix show up on my BYC page . Just little red x's.

So...does this mean that I need to change the settings on my digital camera?? [​IMG] Or is the problem in my PC? [​IMG] Just wondered if you might know ....but ..regardless if this works for me or not... [​IMG] I do wanna thank you for takin the time to help everyone on BYC with pix! Very nice of you !! Thanks again! [​IMG].. ..

3. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:After you uploaded, did you try putting a check in the "Resize image" box that's just above "Submit"?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by