Finished the coop & run, my girls are happy :)

monnarush

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2016
I am Monna Rush from the southern mountains of WV. I finally finished my dream coop with my husband helping and our 9 hens and rooster are a happy group. They were living in temp housing in our workshop and although they did not complain we needed the work shop area back and cleaned of dust and feathers lol :) I had chickens in the past in the 80's in TX where we were living for awhile and loved it. Now retired from our jobs due to medical issues we are settling down to a different life on our small acre in the mountains. I have read many posts from looking up information in the internet and BYC always has the answers I needed while getting started with my chickens again. Sincerely, Monna ~~~loving my motley crew :)

Rooster: Silkie White name Cirrus

Silkie hens: Terra,Coal,Smoke, Storm,

Buff Orpington hens: Helia,Nova,Comet

Easteregger: Patina

My large mixed breed girl? her name is Corona

P.S. They have integrated well and with very few arguments and no excessive picking I am so relieved as this was a point of concern but all seem to get along famously. They were introduced slowly over a week period with a barrier fence now three days together and no fighting other than normal chicken behavior. Thanks to everyone's advice while getting started back with chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here Monna. Glad to hear everyone is getting along well!

Love your avatar. Wish more kids put down the electronic babysitters and explored outdoors. THANK YOU for joining us at Backyard Chickens.

Thanks, too many electronics is a pet peeve of mine. I am hoping my chickens will help my Grandchildren to become more interested in animals, nature and playing outdoors. I limit them when I am babysitting them and we explore the outdoors and now they are learning about chickens too. The were excited about the green eggs Patina gave us the second day she arrived :)

Have a wonder day!

Back
Top Bottom