Finished the swingset chicken coop

Boy, HollyClyff really did an awesome job on their coop! I have the very clear feeling that our metal swingset just isn't going to turn out like that. But, like you said...the chickens won't care.

Laugh for the day: let the "girls" out of the tractor to free-range today; then caught the donkey inside it! When I told him sternly to come right out, he prissed out and did a pretend kick at one of the hens! PUH-LEEZE!

Bravo!! Such a great idea and great job!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

What a beautiful adaptation! Very resourceful and attractive.

Quote:
When my chickens get out to free-range, they jump right in the rabbit hutch, and the rabbits head for the run. I guess they like to see how the other half lives!

-Dave

No, I have no plans to cover the run portion. When it rains they go underneath where the food and water is. The ground is fast draining, so it doesn't stay wet for long after a shower.

I finally convinced DH and both DD's that it was time to recycle their wooden swingset. Thank you so much for posting this, as I plan on making DH look it over. He wants to 'wing it' but I want something a little more organized.

Question: Now that you've used it for a while, is there anything you wish you'd done differently?

Back
Top Bottom