FINNALLY chickies!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenboy1993, Apr 23, 2009.

1. chickenboy1993

chickenboy1993 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    yesterday night while i was sleeping one bird pipped and hatched then the another did so this morning when i looked in there i saw 2 wonderful little chickies all happy and healthy. and there cochin chicks.

so a quick question when do i take them out of the incubator? when they're dry?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    [​IMG] Congrats! I think you take them out of them 'bator when they're dry (like after 24 hours).

3. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Congrats! How fun for you! [​IMG]

4. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    [​IMG] Congratulations!!!! [​IMG]

5. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Are there any other eggs left to hatch? If so, don't take them out until all chicks are hatched (that are going to hatch) and dry. Not just a little dry, but fluffy dry. Some people will wait until the end of day 23 before taking them out. The chicks can go 72 hours without food or water.

If there are no other chicks to hatch, then take them out when they are completely dry and fluffy and pretty steady on their feet.

6. chickenboy1993

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    there is other eggs in there and i just looked and 1 had pipped so now when do i take the chicks out and move them to the brooder

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  7. chickenboy1993

Feb 23, 2009
    dayton, Virginia
    can some1 give me some information about this im new to the whole chicken hatching stuff

8. jadell

jadell Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2008
    North Carolina
    You need to leave them in the bator until all the eggs hatch. They will be fine for up to 3 days without food and water. Once they all hatch, they should be completely dry before you move them to the brooder.

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I have a question. I was given quite a few corturnix quail eggs, which have hatched!! I mean, this morning when I was turning my chicken eggs, the quail eggs were rocking. Well, about 1hr. and1/2 later there was like a dozen all over the bator! It is just so exciting!! The question is this? my feed store has to order the game bird chick food. I only have start and grow, until they get the other in in about a week and a half. Is this okay until then?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by