Finnaly did the coop.

So -8C is about a 17°F if I did that math right. While cold it's not horribly so.

One thing to consider about insulation and chicken coops is the necessary ventilation. If you have adequate ventilation the coop will be the same temp as the outside whether insulated or not.
I've seen alot of coop videos where people block off some of the ventilation during the winters, is that not a normal thing? or is that just for stormier winter times? I def dont plan on heating their coop only reason their brooder/heater is in there now was to turn it on the first three nights they were out below 50F. (ill use F and make this easier on people lol.) (and it also keeps that thing out of my living space lol.)

Im debating how to deal with their water during winter. I know my boss wouldnt like to be heating it. do i just dump out frozen pans every day? seemed to work with the cows 2 years back. miss taking care of them.

I've seen alot of coop videos where people block off some of the ventilation during the winters, is that not a normal thing? or is that just for stormier winter times? I def dont plan on heating their coop only reason their brooder/heater is in there now was to turn it on the first three nights they were out below 50F. (ill use F and make this easier on people lol.) (and it also keeps that thing out of my living space lol.)

Im debating how to deal with their water during winter. I know my boss wouldnt like to be heating it. do i just dump out frozen pans every day? seemed to work with the cows 2 years back. miss taking care of them.

I only close my coop windows that provide summer airflow. The up high vents are open year round. I hope that makes sense.

If you get a driving snow or rain that is coming in then that side could use a modification like an awning or a baffle to keep the wet out.

I do the dump at night and refill in the morning routine for winter water. In case I forget to dump it I keep a few extra water dishes on hand. I use open water dishes so dumping and cleaning is a snap.

Back
Top Bottom