1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FIRE IN MY OVEN!!!...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Mar 19, 2009.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    It's out.

pee--uuuuu!

The splatters caught fire on the bottom... I thought you were supposed to leave those there for the smokey flavor. [​IMG]

...but the pizza's done!

So how long do you think it was burnin? Am I gonna need a new stove? I hope not. I just spent all the money I don't have on a new boiler.

me,
    g

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I would think it would be okay, just wipe it out. Did you know that an electric stove burner can burn just like a gas stove burner?! Flames and everything! Dont ask me how I know that one. All I can say is DH says I'm very talented![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  3. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ha ha!

I poured baking soda on it and there's bubbley looking tar on the bottom corner where it was burning. I think I did a number on it! I do hope it's ok.

me,
    g

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Is it electric or gas?

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

*shakes her head* I am not sure how you manage to do these things.

6. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Smokey flavor? I'm glad that you're okay! Is your oven a self-cleaning one? Don't stress too much about it.

I've set off the smoke detectors more than once by using my oven. The worst time was when I was making three Peking Ducks. The fat kept on catching on fire. I had to choose between using the fire extinguisher, or, battling periodic flames. I chose to eat.

You can always use oven cleaner as a last resort. Blech.

Suzy

[​IMG]

7. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Way to go Flamey McBurnerson! [​IMG]

8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    you have inspired me to clean the stove tomorrow... mine is very bad. (so ashamed)

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    DH always knows when the smoke alarm goes off, Supper's Ready!! [​IMG]

10. Quote:So is mine and it's a 1951 stove to boot, theres probably 50 year old crumbs in there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by