FIRE IN MY OVEN!!!...

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
It's out.

pee--uuuuu!

The splatters caught fire on the bottom... I thought you were supposed to leave those there for the smokey flavor.

...but the pizza's done!

So how long do you think it was burnin? Am I gonna need a new stove? I hope not. I just spent all the money I don't have on a new boiler.

me,
g

Last edited:

jbowyer01

Just Me!
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Hogansville, Georgia
I would think it would be okay, just wipe it out. Did you know that an electric stove burner can burn just like a gas stove burner?! Flames and everything! Dont ask me how I know that one. All I can say is DH says I'm very talented!

Last edited:

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
ha ha!

I poured baking soda on it and there's bubbley looking tar on the bottom corner where it was burning. I think I did a number on it! I do hope it's ok.

me,
g

kees

Songster
12 Years
Feb 5, 2008
Smokey flavor? I'm glad that you're okay! Is your oven a self-cleaning one? Don't stress too much about it.

I've set off the smoke detectors more than once by using my oven. The worst time was when I was making three Peking Ducks. The fat kept on catching on fire. I had to choose between using the fire extinguisher, or, battling periodic flames. I chose to eat.

You can always use oven cleaner as a last resort. Blech.

Suzy

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
you have inspired me to clean the stove tomorrow... mine is very bad. (so ashamed)

Top Bottom