fire kills 83,000 chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chkinut, May 17, 2011.

1. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    did anyone hear this news about a fire that killed all these poor chickens?? here's the link....i feel SO sorry for how they suffered in the fire! what a terrible way to die! and although it's HORRIBLE, there's a part of me that's happy only for the fact that this chicken factory is destroyed now (yea!) and they can't send anymore poor chickens to live a horrible life stuck in a cage with 4 more chickens, with no sunlight, no grass, no dirt baths, no bugs, no treats....i can't imagine making a chicken live like that. these poor girls have been put out of their misery. anyway, here's the link:

http://www.whiotv.com/news/27919610/detail.html

2. paramedic07

paramedic07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Bergman, AR
    i did erlier. thats alot of hot sauce.

3. kimbymarie

kimbymarie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Central Massachusetts
    THANK GOD THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MISERY. Such an awful way to die. So sad to hear this.

4. Keltara

Keltara Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It is a double edge sword when looking at that amount of loss. You feel so bad for the birds, but their lives were so awful. The truly sad part is that the business was probably insured and they'll be up and running again before you know it.

5. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Quote:It is a double edge sword when looking at that amount of loss. You feel so bad for the birds, but their lives were so awful. The truly sad part is that the business was probably insured and they'll be up and running again before you know it.

Sadly you are right. [​IMG]

6. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    yep, i told hubby the same thing......although i know there will be no more suffering, i also know it's only temporary. it's only a matter time before they stock them full of more poor birds. as a matter of fact, this leads me to do more research on saving battery hens. i started to do it lastnight on BYC but then i just got too tired. so i will now return to my research.....i feel for the poor birds kept like that.

7. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Thanks for sending that link. I had not heard it. That is truly sad, but at the same time they are better off. They probably died from the smoke inhilation and did not actually feel the flames, especially with them being packed in like sardines.

8. polla37

polla37 Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Reedsville
    it is terrible how some people can be so inhumane and let chickens live in such tight conditions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by