Fire!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 10, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    That was very interesting. There was a fire in the building across from my school today. I don't think I've ever seen us seniors so excited - beats sitting through Geography lectures. [​IMG]

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Firstly I feel sorry for the persons in charge of the other building, secondly it makes me laugh to hear of seniors, captivated by a fire! [​IMG]

3. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Yes, it was quite amusing. It was the end of a very long day, we were all tired out from too much work, and it was just a bit of a change to watch something different happening outside. [​IMG]

We think the fire started out in a kitchen in one of the shops. Got out after school to survey the damage with a couple of my pals, it looks like the roof across three or four properties in the building has been done in [​IMG]

4. Mama Austranought

Mama Austranought Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Western Australia
    Yes, it would have been a very good lesson in S&E (Society and Environment)! Watching peoples reaction - lesson in psycology, how the fire burnt - science, how they went about putting it out - science again... Such a great learning experience! We need more hands-on schools!![​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:Not that we're advocating arson for educational purposes. [​IMG]

6. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:[​IMG] A couple of my classmates were dictating a mock new report on the incident. We had fire trucks reversing into the school parking lot, which didn't do much to help get our attention off what was going on. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by