Firearms in States/Provinces/Countries where they are outlawed....

Ok Im going to chime in from the great state of Massachusetts. Here you need to licensed to own or possess any firearm(bb guns and pellet guns included). To obtain this license you need to apply to the LOCAL chief of police and he will review your application and forward it to the state. You will be submitted to a background check and phsylogical evaluation. You will mail in your 100.00 dollars for one year(renew every year for another 100). If you have ticked off the local chief of police for any reason he will throw your appilcation in the trash. You will not get your permit. If you get your permit then you go on the LIST. If your wife or significant other gets ticked off and calls the police. Guess what they come and take all your guns for "safekeeping". If your license expires....guess what happens.

Thanks Teddy K.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
And you think that is a representation of most US citizens, got any idea how silly that sounds?
lau.gif

Besides the fact that DC has the strictest gun laws in the country, even stricter than Canada, now what does that tell you?

Not only did D.C. have the strictest gun control laws in the country, they have one of the highest violent crime rates in the country. D.C. citizens have since sued the local government over the ban and won. Its now in the 300th or 3,000,000th or whatever, Circuit Court of Appeals and will most likely be upheld and the citizens of D.C. will once again have their freedom restored and be able, if they choose, to own the weapon of their choice.
States that have relaxed their gun laws in past few years have seen a large decline in gun related crime.
I work in a State Prison. I talk with convicts daily. They are definitely afraid of those who are armed. No easy victims. And when you don't know who is and who isn't packing........... internet crime has soared though. Less chance of being shot by your victim...

As for you Canadians thinking we all live in fear all the time... NOT SO. I'm armed.
big_smile.png
(very weak attempt at humor, I know)

The younger population of Canada doesn't know any other way of government. You were born into gun control, so to speak, and I'm sure in grade school through high school your teachers told you about the evil gun and how guns sneak up and kill people without warning. ASK some of the over 50 or 60 populace. You (Canadians) might learn some things about your own country from them. Canada is by NO MEANS a bad place, quite the opposite. Been to B.C. many times when I lived in Washington. But I have to admit, at times you can be quite gullible.
wink.png

Quote:
big_smile.png
Bought my .22 rimfire semi-auto from my grade 8 science/math teacher;)

Just because we see things differently doesn't make us gullible.

Just like I don't need a .50 S&W to feel safest;).

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
And you think that is a representation of most US citizens, got any idea how silly that sounds?
lau.gif

Besides the fact that DC has the strictest gun laws in the country, even stricter than Canada, now what does that tell you?

The fact that they also have the highest (per capita) murder rate, should also tell you something.

I have an idea that might solve the gun problem. We could make murder illegal! Then the criminals wouldn't do it anymore!!!! Wait. Changing laws seems to have no effect on criminals. A better idea might be to disarm all the victims. Maybe then crime will decrease?

That won't work either? Are you sure? Well at least NY and D.C. tried it.

Worked great.

Quote:
big_smile.png

It amazes me where some of these misconceptions come from. I have never seen anyone in law enforcement, or the civilian population carrying around a HUGE handgun especially concealed. Some police depts have gone to requiring off duty personal to carry only their duty sidearm off duty. Most police officers are like me they no longer try to conceal and opt for open carry. Many times people that are seen carrying a full size glock on their side are actually off duty police officers.

The rest of the people that I encounter especially women carry the smallest effective firearm they can find whether it be for open carry or concealed. You will find that if carrying a firearm is uncomfortable most people will leave it at home. I have several guns that I can carry including a colt 45 auto, Star 9mm, and a PA63 none of them fall into the ultra magnum category. Put down the Dirty Harry movies cause that era has well been over, and was just a movie not reality.

While I have a 22 rim-fire rifle for pest control I would hardly count on it to save my life. I guess it is better than nothing unless you manage to piss off a bear or wild boar with it. Guns are not always used to two legged pests ya know. I usually carry the weapon I am most proficient with and carry comfortably a SA colt 38 spl with a 5.5 barrel, not even close to a 50 cal.

Contrary to popular media and other factions us States folks do not all get together on a Saturday night with our howitzers and 50 BMG slung over our shoulders at Walmart. I do find it enlightening and amusing that worrying about somebody in the states a thousand miles away is shopping in Walmart with a bone in their nose no shoes and maybe a handgun. I wish that was all we had to worry about here in the states, heck most of us don't even think about life in Canada unless a topic comes up in a thread. Things like our own lives, government, and other priorities sorta take precedence to who's in Walmart doing what in Canada.

th.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png

You're right. I should have expanded on that but it had nothing to do with guns. Except for inviting a Canadian friend to go Jackalope hunting.
lau.gif

Heck, Alex Trebeck is from Canada and he ain't half bad.
This was not supposed to be "your bad I'm not" There will be a day though when we may need to get together. With our guns.

Back
Top Bottom