1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Firefox won't allow me to use browser spell check.

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Jeffross1968, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    I've been unable to right click on spelling mistakes, cut, copy or paste while writing messages. Getting some kind of error message saying that my browser won't allow use of editor?

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    To use your browser's spell check you have to hold down the CTRL key while right clicking.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i discovered the button that says abc - click on it and that is the spell check... yeah i am a slow learner....

4. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Ok, thanks. Little annoying [​IMG]

5. krys2000

krys2000 Out Of The Brooder

Firefox does this with lots of things. It's one of the unfortunate features that I hope Firefox will fix one day.

6. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Thanks loth, I really needed to know that. The spell checked supplied on the forum is slow and I just don't enjoy using it. I prefer the foxfire, its quicker and I can skip over things I know are spelled right and don't need assistance with.

7. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I had to move to Firefox in order to be able to navigate BYC after the move. It was so slow using Internet Explorer that I would have abandoned BYC if not for Firefox.

HOWEVER, I can't do much in Firefox. Definitely can't put an ad in the Buy, Sell, Auction section. I have to move back over the Internet Explorer to place an ad. I haven't tried creating new pages yet but I kinda think I'll have to move over to do it.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Here are a few questions that will help us find, duplicate, and hopefully resolve the problem:

• What is the URL of the page that you got the error or had problems?
    • Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)?
    • What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by