FIRSRT SERAMA HATCH:anyone setting eggs and wanna hatch along with me?

Hi, I just put 8 Serama eggs in this morning from egg-celent, all came in good shape. They will join 18 that I got from TX and put in on the 6th. plan to candle first batch soon. Now ineed to make a new incubator (using a 9200 with turner now) to move eggs for lock down now that I have more than one batch going, an another dozen coming on 22nd! I think I'm in deep now, I still have to build a pen.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
it is day 20 and I checked the 2 that I have from this date and one is CHIRPING! It has not piped yet. I am excited and hopeful!

None of mine hatched. I am so sad but its ok. ZooMumzy is resending me eggs. We think maybe i got x-rayed! Good luck with yours. Please post pics.

Oh, I just got a grab bag of eggs, and four were Serama's! what do I do different? they didn't fit in my egg cups, so I made little paper towel circles inside the cups to hold them...
anything else?
don't they hatch earlier than the others??? when do I go on lock down?
I'm using a Dickie Cabinet incubator this time...
borrowed from my GOOD friend!!! :)

Ok! Thanks!
the best thing to 'me' is that they are white so I should SEE something developing!
my other chickens have always been dark brown egg layers!
this should be fun as a lot of mine this time are light colored!
(and I have like 50 in there !!! OMG, I may need counselling... now that I wrote that I 'm wondering what the hell I was thinking!)

of all the serama eggs i have put in so far they have varied from very white and easy to candle to brown some easy to see and some very dark, the one hatching has just created its first pip and there is that small poke out of the shell! I can hear it tapping on the inside! I t may be my lone chick (please hatch) as first 36 had none and this is 1 of 2 left from another18, but I have another 2 (of 8 from egg-cellent) 1 looks good the other i can't tell, they are due around the 1st of Oct, another 30 are in and due around the 14th of Oct and another 17 are going in tonight!

Got up this morning and my first little Serama Has Hatched
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
:ya all black with a yellow belly. Since it is from Texas Ithink I'll name it Lone Star. Hopefuly a couple others will join it soon. It was the largest of all the eggs i have gotten, seems to be a fine little chicky!

Back
Top Bottom