First 2 EGGS Today!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ADozenGirlz, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    It's the coldest day of the year so far here in Connecticut (in the 20s without the windchill) and we got our first TWO eggs today! My Easter Egger, Ethel, is 20 weeks old adn the likely suspect in the delivery. The photo below shows her at 8 weeks old. So young, so innocent.
    She laid the egg under the roosts on top of the droppings pit. Now, if she could just figure out where the nesting boxes are... I dropped a few golf balls in the nesting boxes hoping that the power of suggestion works!

This is SOOO exciting![​IMG] Can't wait to check the coop tomorrow!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]mg]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. pacetruckguy

pacetruckguy The West Coast Chicken Whisperer

Dec 8, 2009
    Petaluma,CA
    Congrats on the first eggs! I have been going through picture hell. I think you just highlight the whole picture copy and then paste it to your post. Good Luck.

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Thanks! Here are the VERY USEFUL instructions I got from another user a few minutes ago. Worked like a charm!

"Hi there! You are wanting to put it in the thread about first eggs, right?
    THe very top one in this forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=18

All
    you need to do is go to uploads>my uploads> then highlight the code in image box, then "reply" in that thread and paste the code."

4. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!!! [​IMG] First eggs are so exciting!!!

5. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! Wow - 20 weeks is a young'un! My EE just laid her first this week at 26 weeks.

My two other hens lay very nicely on top of the nesting counter. Autumn, my EE, lays on their sleeping counter where she rips up about four layers of newspaper into shreds and makes a colossal mess! Worth it for the pretty light green-blue egg, though :)

6. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    [​IMG]:weee:weeeCongrats!!!! I also got my 1st eggs this week!!!![​IMG] after waiting 21 weeks!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by