First 48 hours, First time

Bellowood

In the Brooder
Sep 10, 2019
I'm very excited but very new!! I put a few eggs into an incubator, not expecting anything to happen, but it did!! Wednesday (yesterday) a chick hatched. I read up on everything and got a brooder box ready last night, to move the chick into this morning (24 hours later)...my question is, will the chick automatically start eating and drinking? or do I have to intervene? The other eggs have not hatched yet.
Any and all advise appreciated!!
Thank you!!
Kim

I'm very excited but very new!! I put a few eggs into an incubator, not expecting anything to happen, but it did!! Wednesday (yesterday) a chick hatched. I read up on everything and got a brooder box ready last night, to move the chick into this morning (24 hours later)...my question is, will the chick automatically start eating and drinking? or do I have to intervene? The other eggs have not hatched yet.
Any and all advise appreciated!!
Thank you!!
Kim
I would wait another day or so to make sure no one else is hatching, as you can shrink wrap them if you open the lid while they are pipped, but like ted harrell said, just dip their beak in the water, AND FEED (thats what i do) and they'll know.

Back
Top Bottom