First Aid Kit

From what I was told by Ada (Alabama dept of Ag,), using baytril can be cause for your npip cert to be pulled. The ban is worded so any use in any poultry bird is banned. Pet bird has a very descriptive definitions, but chickens and turkeys are considered poultry not pets. Pet bird include parrots ect. Its yalls call but I will not even purchase anything from a farm or individual that uses baytril at all.

Added note: The FDA can order all your birds confiscated and or destroyed if baytril use is suspected.
Is it worth that risk to you? It isn't to me. Plenty of other drugs that work well that are NOT banned.

Last edited:
From what I was told by Ada (Alabama dept of Ag,), using baytril can be cause for your npip cert to be pulled. The ban is worded so any use in any poultry bird is banned. Pet bird has a very descriptive definitions, but chickens and turkeys are considered poultry not pets. Pet bird include parrots ect. Its yalls call but I will not even purchase anything from a farm or individual that uses baytril at all.

Added note: The FDA can order all your birds confiscated and or destroyed if baytril use is suspected.
Is it worth that risk to you? It isn't to me. Plenty of other drugs that work well that are NOT banned.
Thanks for that info... good to know. Does that apply to all banned drugs or just Baytril?

Can you provide that link or information, so that I can read it? Where do I go to read about this?

Thanks

Can you provide that link or information, so that I can read it? Where do I go to read about this?
Thanks
Call your states dept of agriculture, USDA, and FDA offices.

Edt. I wanted to add, when i first called the ag. dept. i wasn't even thinking about asking about this, I had called to check on my testing date for npip. They goofed and transferred me to the wrong extension so i asked them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the list. I will look and see if i can find a brand name list to go along with the drug names.
That would be great! 4 is Metronidazole (fish-zole) and 10 is Baytril, I think.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom