First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

ChooksChicks, that's good that there is no swelling. My daughters docter told me when she hurt her leg that when a bone breaks there is usually a lot of swelling and that is a good indicator if they need to do an x-ray or not. I broke my pinky toe when I was a kid but they told me there was nothing they could do, they couldn't splint it or anything and it healed on its own in time. I hope you have a quick recovery, and it is good that it doesn't hurt much.

My silkie hatched!

... and it has 11 toes.

SO it has a flaw.....IT has a GREAT HAIRDO!
gig.gif

WARNING - If you're squeamish, skip over quickly and don't look.

This was a couple of years ago when I broke my toe. It did this the first night. I think my neighbors down the road heard me scream when it happened. It was the little toe, next to the pinky toe.

Deb

Warning: Rant ahead

Well, I am really bummed about my poults. I really wanted RP's and not only waited a year for them to come in, but paid more for them (just eight bucks more, but still.) I am nearly positive that both of mine are MW's. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with MW's, it's just not what I wanted, not what I thought I had and not what I was excited about. The poults are both solid white. They are four weeks old and starting to sound more like guineas than chicks. I do not eat my birds, not until the zombies come, so I feel that I have raised these two for nothing. I am considering giving them away but if I get RP poults now, I will have to hire a "baby sitter" because they will be too young to turn out with the rest when I go on vacation in June. I am angry with the guy (owner) at the feed store but realize it was just a mistake. He and his wife are wonderful people and I consider them friends. His son and my oldest used to go to school together and have both slept over with the other. I guess I have MW's. Y'all tell me all the wonderful things about them so I will be excited to have them, other than how easy they are to process and how good they taste!
hmm.png

Rant clear

Warning: Rant ahead
I guess I have MW's. Y'all tell me all the wonderful things about them so I will be excited to have them, other than how easy they are to process and how good they taste!
hmm.png

Rant clear

No Warning needed....that's what we're here for!!
hugs.gif
I have the Midget Whites on my list of varieties to try because of their size. Because they are smaller, they will eat less and take up less room......so you can have more of them than the larger ones!!

Quote: Seems you have "uncommon" silkies...........why am I not surprised?!
tongue.gif

Am I the only one that thinks this foot looks like it came from some type of reptile?

I guess I have MW's. Y'all tell me all the wonderful things about them so I will be excited to have them, other than how easy they are to process and how good they taste!
hmm.png

I don't know anything about them other than they're turkeys, but I'm excited about any poultry. I'm certain they'll grow on you, and either way, they're probably delicious. I'm sorry you got the wrong thing, though. If you're going to look at them with disappointment each time then you should get rid of them, but if you can have an open mind about them, keep them.
I'm reminded of the time I drove 600 miles north to Prince Edward Island to see Green Gables. I got there, and before you can see Green Gables you're locked (literally - locked!) inside the visitors center and have to watch a movie. As soon as the movie's done the doors unlock and you can go see Green Gables. I paid almost zero attention to the movie and was a poster child for adult ADHD waiting for the doors to unlock. After the movie I nearly run out, and get to where I can see the house, and I stop and go "That's NOT Green Gables, let's go." I had expected it to be the movie house, not the house the book was based on. Unrealistic expectations made me unhappy. But if you can get past the fact that your turkeys are in fact, NOT your dream of Green Gables, but a beautiful place nonetheless, you'll be all set. Dontcha like how I can tie that all together?
lau.gif

Seems you have "uncommon" silkies...........why am I not surprised?!
tongue.gif

Am I the only one that thinks this foot looks like it came from some type of reptile?

A reptile in bad need of a visit to the salon for waxing.

Anouncing the winners,
Yes, WINNERS,

finally,
of the Poultry Yoga Contest!
But first,

Breaking News!
There will be prizes awarded to the top three most popular entries!
First prize - Extraordinary Chickens by S. Green-Armytage
Second Prize - A Chrome Egg Basket
Third Prize - Romantic Dinner with Wisher's DH

And the winners are........

1st - NotAFarm

2nd - Karimw

3rd - Wisher1000 (Thank Heavens)

Congratulations to the winners and Thank you to all who participated!
wee.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif

Don't forget to PM your mailing address to
Wisher1000 and your prize will be sent!

Seriously, I only added the last one to be funny. I would not have made anyone eat with my DH. It was a joke. I won't even collect the prize myself because I sponsored the contest, and because we never go out to dinner anyway. I will, however, make good on the second place prize just so I could put the third prize in there.

Hooray! Thank you!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom