First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

Don't count me out just yet. Do you folks find it very hard to sell your poults? I wouldn't keep more than 2. I have an idea on how I can get some free eggs. I just have to call and old friend that I just remembered have turkeys.....or at least use to. If my memory serves me right they were Burbon Reds.

I sell mine on CL and the local feed stores buy them from me too as shipping turkeys is really hard on them and you always loose some..I brood them for a week then start selling that way people have better luck and fewer losses. If turkeys didn't eat so much... I have many requests for grown ones few people want to pay what is costs to raise them up or they do and want me to butcher them....I send mine to be processed

I am in IF the girls start laying soon. Saw some action the other day. Hen on the bottom, young tom on sideways, and old TOm on correctly, but young tom in the way!! Very comical!!

I bought three turkey eggs last year and hatched out a single tom...we still have him and DW says we can't butcher him. She's named him Tango Turkey. He always stands by either one of us when we're out with the chickens. We're hoping for a couple girls in this hatch! He goes in the coop at night with all the chickens too.

This thread needs some pictures! I find turkeys are much easier to photograph than chicken - they don't move so fast! Here are my heritage Bronze boys from last year:

yes that's how I came to keep Pretty Boy he followed me all around and warned me of visitors scared the UPS driver and for the longest time thought I should be his "Women" so of course he's still here and I gave him a pen of his own women this year I think he's stunning but then I'm partial to blue

LL

This is one of the tom's I hatched out of Lotsapaints eggs last year

And this is one of the hens

Back
Top Bottom