First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

THanks for posting the link. Which pliers are the most useful to do a few birds?

I have both the hog ring and j clip pliers around the house (we use them a lot when building hoop coops or rabbit cages).. but for sealing shrink bags you can also use heavy plastic zip ties (electrical type) if you don't want to invest in the pliers or hardware.. the water that you use to shrink the bags isn't hot enough to melt the zip ties.

I don't know if it's Hefty or Ziplock but one of them makes extra large and jumbo bags. They are pricy, but if you are only doing a few, it might be worth looking into.

Quote:
Zip ties I have!! This morning I pulled a frozen turkey out of the freezer to defrost for a few days before roasting. The 35# toms fit n my roaster with a sheet of foil at each end because the roast hangs over the ends of the pan. Hopefully the 25# hen fits better. WIll know tomorrow.

www_MyEmoticons_com__smokelots.gif
146fs495919.gif

coffeebath.gif

My first order got here today, and they sent two extras. The second order should be here tomorrow, so I will know the total tomorrow night.
celebrate.gif

Hey SGC, did you get your eggs?

Alright, I have 18 Wishard Bronze, 5 Black Winged Bronze and 5 Bourbon Red eggs resting in the turner in my basement. Looks like I will be setting 28 eggs on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom