First attack on my baby chicks !! So sad

View attachment 2240219

Wants to meet racoon! Also dippy dog licked the blue-kote off another dogs back. He seems fine 24 hours later.
Love your GSD. I have one too! She tried to lick the Blu-Kote off my lil 10 week old Polish! She was attacked 2 weeks ago, fortunately mine is on the mend. Here is a picture of my Blu-kote licker.

Attachments

• 20200331_220504.jpg
    20200331_220504.jpg
    572.4 KB · Views: 4
I have them on camera climb a 5 foot fence and climb a coop.View attachment 2239895View attachment 2239899
Notice two coons working to get into coop, one of them on the ground. They are very strong. Secure the trap, if they tip over a box trap they will escape. I secured my trap to the fence with a cable lock.
I used a small can of cat food, fish and seafood flavored with a pop top. Just pop tab don't remove lid. Mice like it too.
Some say marshmallows work to attract a Coon, without attracting other critters. GC

I will lay some cat food in the trap tonight , I don’t like putting something down. But if it comes back in the next few nights .. I’ll be ready for it.

Small dogs are at risk too! Ours are larger, and take care of any critters who get into the fenced back yard, most recently a raccoon. The dogs have had so many extra rabies boosters in their lifetimes!
Unfortunately the dogs like chicken too, so they help as a presence, but can't be out there at the coop.
Mary

we are enforcing the coop right now. Sadly this was the brooder and it was up a two story porch. I didn’t even hear the noise , so I felt very bad. My dogs are small, so if it comes back into the yard the trap will be set up for the night time. It was defiantly bold to come up. And it left me a ton of little paw prints too. I just felt so sad for the mutilated one. She has been fighting to stay alive and we didn’t have the heart to put her down. And today we had to make that choice and she looked at us and it breaks my heart. My old girls are 6 years old and I’d be a wreck if it gets to them.
Awww, I"m so sorry...:hugs

My goose honks at everything except the time the fox walked right up to her, I guess it was deciding if it wanted to actually tackle her. But I guess she froze....I don't know.
And my dog can see a squirrel across the road and bark like crazy...but other times is oblivious. :lau

Love your GSD. I have one too! She tried to lick the Blu-Kote off my lil 10 week old Polish! She was attacked 2 weeks ago, fortunately mine is on the mend. Here is a picture of my Blu-kote licker.
Another beauty....I really would love a big dog but I"m not very good at dog obedience training. My yorkie never listens to me.

Another beauty....I really would love a big dog but I"m not very good at dog obedience training. My yorkie never listens to me.
Yorkies are cute but by no means the measure of a dog. German Shepherds are head strong but once they understand the rules very rarely mess up. Do not try to graduate to the Belgian Malloinois though unless you are really really comfortable with shepherds. This guy is the most trying breed I have ever owned. It is like living with a lawyer seeking loopholes.

But my trap didn’t go off last night. It ate the whole can of cat food
Make sure you can easily trigger the trap.
I use a long screwdriver to push down the trigger plate through the wire
My trap was hard to trip, so I set it so the rod was just partially through the loop on the door.
It was easy to trip with a lite touch of the screwdriver afterwards.
I also only popped the tab on the cat food so the coon had to work at getting it open.
20200714_084834.jpg

I hope you get it next time. GC

Back
Top Bottom