First attempt at incubating

Yay! You did a great job, that's an excellent hatch rate! You do indeed have some RPs in there, I'm super jealous, as I was hoping for atleast one of my Boy's offspring would memorialize him, but so far no luck.
When the ones w/white have only small dark squiggly lines, that's your RP.
20210725_094608.jpg
When they have a thick dark line w/snall squiggly lines on either side, that's your gray. 20210725_094748.jpg
Congratulations!

We did it! 14/17 hatched. I am attaching some pics. I am figuring most are pied pearls, but could a few possibly be royal purple? I'm not sure if they have enough white on their wings. Thanks again for everyone's help!
Congratulations!!! Adorable little babies you got there! :love :celebrate

I couldn’t tell for sure, but thought there might be a royal purple in there..:

Yay! You did a great job, that's an excellent hatch rate! You do indeed have some RPs in there, I'm super jealous, as I was hoping for atleast one of my Boy's offspring would memorialize him, but so far no luck.
When the ones w/white have only small dark squiggly lines, that's your RP.
View attachment 2773005
When they have a thick dark line w/snall squiggly lines on either side, that's your gray.View attachment 2773006
Congratulations!
Are these your keets, Sydney? Those are really great pictures of the difference!

So these little guys are 2 weeks old. I have them in a brooder in our attached garage. This is the 4th batch I've started this way. Typically the keets are LOUD. Like we can hear them in the house, all hours of the day loud. This group is very quiet. Rarely make the loud cheeping sound the other groups have made. Is this common with incubated keets? Although I assume the ones we bought from hatcheries were incubated.

So these little guys are 2 weeks old. I have them in a brooder in our attached garage. This is the 4th batch I've started this way. Typically the keets are LOUD. Like we can hear them in the house, all hours of the day loud. This group is very quiet. Rarely make the loud cheeping sound the other groups have made. Is this common with incubated keets? Although I assume the ones we bought from hatcheries were incubated.
My keets are always relatively quiet in the brooder.

Well, I found another clutch of eggs and incubated 13. 11 hatched! My first group was all pied gray pearls. This set has more variety! I've got several pied gray pearls again, 2 white, and MAYBE a royal pure or two. I'm trying to learn from you all on keet colors and feel like the black bars on a clue of their heads are not as defined. Let me know what you see.

Back
Top Bottom