First baby born in my program...PIC HEAVY ~~UPDATE~~

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
...my feral cat Catch and Release Spay and Neuter program.

Charlie is a feral cat that I trapped 2 days ago. I had a appointment to have her spayed but noticed instead that she was pregnant. In order to insure her safey and the safety of her kittens I trapped her and set her up in my shed. That way I can tame her more and insure her baby doesn't go wild.

Last night she gave birth to one single baby girl.

Once the baby is old enough, she will be spayed and adopted out and Charlie will be spayed and released back into her colony (which happens to be on my property).

Charlie has a full white mustache but her daughter only has half of one. LOL

It's going to be hard giving this lil one up.

Here's pics of mom and daughter:
DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

Last edited:
What a grate thing to do! Wish someone would do that around here! We have so many wild cats its not even funny.

That's a great program you've started. Years ago a feral cat had 4 kittens in our garage. We ended up keeping 2 and adopted 2 others out to a friend. Now we have 2 adopted cats from Michigan, a friend couldn't keep them and was moving so now we have cats again.

Oh, they're precious! Hmm...thinking that with that white mustache, Charlie can not only be the ambassador cat for your new program, but you can hire her out to the "Got Milk?" people to raise money for the spay/neuter costs!
wink.png
lol.png

Last edited:
Wow she really trusts you, you must have a loving touch. My mom has a feral cat-turned house cat, but the cat lives under her bathroom sink won't come out and doesn't like anyone. I feel really bad for my mom's cat.

Both of them are precious, I would have a hard time giving them up.

Awww thanks y'all!!! You don't know how happy it makes me knowing that people care what I'm doing. My plan is to help keep the unwanted and unloved cat population down. There are so many poor cats out there starving and freezing. That's why spaying and neutering your pets is so important. We Americans spend something like 2 million a year in taxes towards the trapping, uthenization and disposal of unwanted domesticated animals. This has to stop! I feel that even though I'm not some huge organization, every little bit helps.

Quote:
Cat's become very affectionate and starve for attention when they're pregnant. I just happened to catch her at a good time. She let me hold her during her contractions and it seemed to help her when I pet her belly last night while she was pushing.

I put her in a cat carrier, she took her pick out of 5 and picked the smallest one...after testing out the others about 20 times then had the baby in the middle of the night. She's been a complete sweet heart but her daughter, as you can see from the pics is a bit of a fussy girl. LOL

Awww they are both adorable!
Great program, Southern. Best of luck to you!

hensdeliverthegoods~ That's actually a great idea, that Mama cat would be a great spokeskitty for the "Got Milk" campaign. You should seriously look into that Southern. Every dairy farm I've been to always has a few feral cats around. Great for keeping rats out of the grain.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom