First baby hatched!

Ok guys.... so.... this of course could only happen to me 🤣🤣
So the white eggs I hatched are from my white leghorns, only roosters I have are hatchery quality RIRs.... I should be able to tell immediately the sex????
EVERY SINGLE ONE so far is white.... 7 of them!!!! Is this even possible, or did I get my sex linked breeding confused? Or does the Universe love giving me cockerels??? Why, god why???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 5
So the white eggs I hatched are from my white leghorns, only roosters I have are hatchery quality RIRs.... I should be able to tell immediately the sex????
EVERY SINGLE ONE so far is white.... 7 of them!!!! Is this even possible, or did I get my sex linked breeding confused? Or does the Universe love giving me cockerels??? Why, god why???
Oh no! LOL. I think I got lucky with my most recent batch of ducklings and got all females!! Unfortunately, I cant help you... I don't know much about that stuff but maybe they'll end up as hens!🤞😁

Pure (Heritage) Single & Rose Comb Rhode Island Reds, Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites, Single Comb White & Rose Comb Dark Brown Leghorns.

How can you tell they are all cockerels? They do mature quicker than other breeds but it will be awhile. The females tend to get their tail buds before the males do. If you breed a RIR male with a White Rock or Rhode Island White, Silver Laced Wyandotte will give you a Red Sex-Link by which the chicks can be sexed by color. If you use for example a Delaware male and RIR females, all of the chicks will look like the Delaware. Within the first day or two of hatch some you can feather sex.

Back
Top Bottom