First broody hatch a long!

Today is day 16 i candled last night and i could see little movements inside the eggs! Although number one looks like a quitter but im not going to take it out yet. All the others are going strong!
And i got the mama hens switched to chick feed and have everything ready for the babies!
#1-LO - quitter?
#2-LO- @Tumbleweedlynn
#3-LO - @Isabella5Storm3
#6-MCB - @junior67
#7-MCB- @Lovely Lettie

At certain times of the day the mamas start chirping slowly and quietly is this normal? I know they will talk to the babies once they are born, but there is still 3 days until they should start hatching.

At certain times of the day the mamas start chirping slowly and quietly is this normal? I know they will talk to the babies once they are born, but there is still 3 days until they should start hatching.
They may be internally pipped so they are talking to them. The 21 days is more of a "guide" mine seem to hatch on day 20 so would guess some internally pip around day 18. so close! how exciting!

They may be internally pipped so they are talking to them. The 21 days is more of a "guide" mine seem to hatch on day 20 so would guess some internally pip around day 18. so close! how exciting!
Maybe ill do a quick candle tonight or tomorrow! Its getting so close and im so excited!

I couldn't resist and candled tonight. I saw one thats beak was close to the air cell that was number 6. The others i couldnt tell. So hopefully we will have a pip by tomorrow!

I candled again...
Im so impatient.
Number 2 and 6 were very lively tonight moving a ton so thats a good sign!
Number 4 and 7 i could see little movements! And number 1 i could not touch as the broody that has that egg was awful mean tonight.

#1- LO
#2-LO @Tumbleweedlynn
#4-LO- @Isabella5Storm3
#6-MCB - @junior67
#7 -MCB- @Lovely Lettie

20230830_202654.jpg
20230830_202657.jpg
20230830_202654.jpg

Back
Top Bottom