First broody hen... Questions!

I would love to have any of my hens to go broody. She is a black Maran. I thought maybe since this was her first time, she might have another, better go at it. She is 18 months old. I also have a barred rock, a black Austrolorp, a silver Wyandotte, a white Plymouth rock and a Rhode Island Red. All of these are 2.5 years old and have never gone broody. My rooster is a Gold Black Maran. They are all fertile, I believe. He's a good rooster. I know I will end up with a bunch of barnyards, but we sort of like that idea.
1f609.png

I would love to have any of my hens to go broody. She is a black Maran. I thought maybe since this was her first time, she might have another, better go at it. She is 18 months old. I also have a barred rock, a black Austrolorp, a silver Wyandotte, a white Plymouth rock and a Rhode Island Red. All of these are 2.5 years old and have never gone broody. My rooster is a Gold Black Maran. They are all fertile, I believe. He's a good rooster. I know I will end up with a bunch of barnyards, but we sort of like that idea.
1f609.png

I've been doing some internet reading. Of the varieties you have, only the Rhode Island Red is not noted to go broody. I will PM you shortly.

Which of your hens is the smallest?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom