First butcher over (pics-graphic)

I like the home made plucker. What did you use for the black rubber?
thumbsup.gif

I am a first timer with chickens here mine are only 3 mos but mine are layers.....I am going to get the jumbo cornish next year (and yes you have to butcher them quickly or they will die on thier own....they are meant to be as meat only)....loved the plucker!!! great job on doing it!!!
thumbsup.gif

Great job! We are working on our first butcher now. We have 15 of 28 done. We started on the pullets today and they seem to have more pin feathers. The 8 we did today didn't go as fast as I was hoping. Still only a few hours but I still think it could go faster if I could get the feather situation down better.

To the one who had the homemade plucker how did you do it? I would love to make one but it would have to be really cheap right now. We had our water hot, I used dish soap in the water also and plunged them into the cold water to stop the cooking of the meat. What could I do different to make it go better?

I have edited several posts.

This is the MEAT birds section. If it is not your thing, please don't read in this section and don't comment.

that plucker looks so simple and efficent!!! I also want to know how and what was used to build it. i am guessing it is put on a drill????

They turned out really nice and DANG that roo was big! I am really getting the courage to raise some up for my family. Not only for price but for knowing what was put in it!!!!

NICE JOB!!!

Quote:
I really like that plucker idea, can you tell us more info about it, i'm going to do my extra roos this sat and I could really use some thing like that. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom