First Call duck hatch a question

Backwoodsnanny

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 3, 2012
Backwoods of Maine
We have our first icubated call duck out of the shell quite exciting for us but my son wanted me to post and ask a question He noticed that the babies feet are quite dry while feathers are still wet is there any special care they need for the first few hours ? With chickens we have just left them in the bator until all dry.

We have our first icubated call duck out of the shell quite exciting for us but my son wanted me to post and ask a question He noticed that the babies feet are quite dry while feathers are still wet is there any special care they need for the first few hours ? With chickens we have just left them in the bator until all dry.
I don't think your to move them till dry. Hopefully someone who hatches in a bator can chime in but I think it should probably just be left alone for now. Congrats!! and
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for the response my son is the one with the calls Hatch day isnt until tomorrow but guess this little one couldnt wait out and peeping still wet but very much alive. I have chickens so wasnt sure of the differences

Back
Top Bottom