first chick emergency

key west chick

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Gainesville, GA
I had a first time broody kick out a peep. I found it at the front of the nest box, cold and limp. I thought it was dead so I just kinda grabbed it and took the rest of the other eggs away from her. Then I felt the little one gasp for a breath. I brought it inside and have been warming her up for the last 45 minutes. She ocassionally opens her eyes and her beak. I got a drop of B complex in her and she swallowed. Dont know what else to do but keep her warm and hope for the best. Any other suggestions?

What your doing sounds great! Try yogurt,, vitamins, it may just need warmth and rest
wink.png

Iheartchicks<3
smile.png
:

What your doing sounds great! Try yogurt,, vitamins, it may just need warmth and rest
wink.png

Add sugar, and wipe the beak with yogurt, warmth and vitamins..infant vitamins without the calcium

Polyvysol
Drugstore
Int the water..every hour dip the beak, crumbles of food right in front of it

And I also would use eyedropper of water, with sugar and vitamins

That's all I can think of u can do at this stage

Good luck​

So far shes holding on. Ive got poly vi sols and can get her to take a little mixed with water. At least I can see her breath now. Early I couldnt see it. Didnt have my brooder set up, wasnt supposed to need one. Ive got both heat emmiters going full blast and a rice sock around her. The air temp inside the brooder is slowly coming up. Its about 94 right now. I keep heating the rice sock up to help her stay warm. She seems comfortable right now, breathly slowly but regularly. Im so glad I went out to check on them. Otherwise, I wouldnt have known until tomorrow morning.

I already had my incubator running. The hen was just sitting on 3 so I put the other 2 in the bator, hoping they will hatch in a day or 2. I just turned the turner off.

Back
Top Bottom