First Chick ever at Farm Top Vineyards

luvmypets

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
East Coast
So a hen was being extremely broody and every day I gave her food and water. Three days ago I went to give the hen water and a little tan chick came out of her feathers.
jumpy.gif

My questions are should we help or should we let nature take its course.

Thanks luv my pets

I am not exactly sure what you mean about helping. The hen and chick(s) should have food and water available so that both of them can eat and drink. Are they in your coop or someplace safe on ground level, and a place for her to nest with the chick? You can leave the chick with her and she should take care of it, usually the other chickens will leave them alone.

Thanks. She and the chick are in a nesting box about a foot off the ground. Should we put them in something else.

Cute little chick, fluffy little guy. If the nest is a foot off the ground, once the chick gets out it won't be able to get back in, you need to make someplace where the chick can get to, or put a ramp or steps or something up.

Cute little chick, fluffy little guy. If the nest is a foot off the ground, once the chick gets out it won't be able to get back in, you need to make someplace where the chick can get to, or put a ramp or steps or something up.

ok thanks my dad said we should put a ramp up

Back
Top Bottom