First coop and started with three ducklings

mommakurk

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 1, 2014
California
Hi everyone im new at this we got our first coop that is on its way now & got three baby ducks one is 3 weeks other 2 are 1 week old. We plan to start with the ducks & add chickens in a lil while. I also don't want to over crowd the coop. They will be free to graze during day n cooped at night. Well me question is i heard my ducks wont walk up ramp for shelter so what type shelter should i put in bottom of coop for them? Any other helpful info you might have is very welcome thanks :))
here our coop
our three babys

Hi everyone im new at this we got our first coop that is on its way now & got three baby ducks one is 3 weeks other 2 are 1 week old. We plan to start with the ducks & add chickens in a lil while. I also don't want to over crowd the coop. They will be free to graze during day n cooped at night. Well me question is i heard my ducks wont walk up ramp for shelter so what type shelter should i put in bottom of coop for them? Any other helpful info you might have is very welcome thanks
smile.png
) here our coop
our three babys
Welcome to BYC and the wonderful world of ducks, they sure are cute. I'd enclose
right under where your original coop is now ground level. put in windows and venting around the top for ventilation and a door with lock and your set for ducks. that ramp is too steep for the ducks.Be sure any opening is covered with 1/2" hardware cloth to keep out predators.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom