First Coop! Im Clucking Crazy For Chickens!

Appreciate the help @aart about to run out and check the coating soon as i get some coffee in me ha
animated30001.gif

Thanks guys and gals. What types of chickens do you all love? So far im leaning welsummer(3), and Easter Egger(3), and an orpington(1). Is that even possible?! I guess i really just want different eggs and a few type of birds, figured starting em all together young would help. Well anywho ive got to go research my inside designs and my roof im going to go with. Help is always appreciated!! Thanks!
Hi your Coop is looking good!! As for types of chickens? Ask yourself what you want from them...I wanted different colored eggs to make a pretty basket of eggs...research the temperament of each type of chicken so they all get along pretty good...you don't want aggressive with easy going or pickers if you go with a polish, silkie, frizzle etc...I love the real fluffy butts!! good luck!!

I would cut the ply off the top foot or so in the front and replace that with hardware cloth for ventilation. Also cover up any gaps wider than 1/2" with hardware cloth. Use fence staples to attach the HC or screws with fender washers.

This is the inside of my 5' x 4' coop has no room for anything else but roosts with 9 Rhode Island Red's in there.
coop16.jpg

I put my roll out nest box in the run as well as food and water.
nbmk3-08.jpg nbmk3-09.jpg

And the feeder is next to the nest box.
feeder-09.jpg
The waterer is in the opposite corner.
vert-nipple05.jpg

JT

Nice setup! I like the covered coop door too. So im thinking im going to gap fill corners for drafts, and i have foam board to insulate between studs. Im worried about kansas city winters getting so cold, although i plan on having a heat lamp. But of course its raining in Kansas City today, so i guess it is test day for the roof! Lol fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom