First coop of 2 planned

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Big C, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    We have owned a Nursery and Garden Center since 1994 in Vernon Texas.
    On our small 8 acre farm we installed some greenhouses for over flow growing and after adding to our store and the subsequently not had to use these for the original purpose we decided to try and find something to do with these to put them to work and make some money or at least try.
    Had kicked some ideas around and after stumbling on to Back Yard Chickens and then reading the message boards, we decided to give it a try.
    [​IMG]

We had tried to raise them 10 years ago but had to sell our flock. The business and kids at home just made it too much.

The inside is divided on the coop to 400, 330, and 80 sq ft.
    Currently we have 25 cornish x on one side, 70 RIR's, Barred Rocks, Australorps, Buff Orphingtons and Ameraucana's in another and awaiting 5 started pullets from McMurray April 2 for the smallest area.

The 2nd greenhouse is going to be divided into 5 areas with runs so we can separate out according to breed and the have areas to for production.

Oh, forgot to mention the 22 banty assortment I added. Know the mgr at our TSC and got a good deal. They were getting a new shipement so I got them at 1/2 price. $1.25 per

Think that I've caught the addiction...

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I love the green housesand all plants, because I am landscaper.

and I wish you best of Luck on your chickens business.

keep us updated.

Omran

3. Big C

Big C J & C Farms

Dec 15, 2008
    Vernon Texas
    Yes, forgot to mention that. I run the landscape part. Know where your coming from.
    My lovely wife Joni runs the store.

Building my runs now in the afternoons. The flock is at 3 weeks and hope to let them out by the weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by