FIRST CROW! (sorta ;-))

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pawsplus, Nov 9, 2011.

1. pawsplus

pawsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    This a.m. Bianco TRIED to crow. It was very clearly a crowing attempt (up to this point all he's ever said was quiet "bok bok boks"!), but it was mostly just "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!" It was VERY loud, but not a complete cock-a-doodle-do, LOL. I encouraged him and he tried again w/ the same result. He'll get it eventually! He's 5 mos old. [​IMG]

2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] Video please! [​IMG]

3. pawsplus

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    Oh, lord--there's no documentation! It was this a.m. in the half light while I was cleaning the coop. You'll just have to take my word for it!

4. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

Check this out though!

5. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:That is so weird!!!! LOL How does he hold his breath that long!!!! [​IMG]

6. pawsplus

Dec 18, 2008
    Middle TN
    THAT'S IT!!! Not quite that long, but the same gutteral sound. It scared me to death the first time he did it!

7. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    OMG. If I had a rooster crow like that. What am I saying I'd never have a rooster with a crow that LONG!

8. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I was hoping for a video! [​IMG]

My little dude hasn't crowed yet.

9. Newbie Farm Girl

Newbie Farm Girl New Egg

Sep 25, 2011
    OMG it is SO cute when they start doing that! I hatched my first egg in March of this year. He's an 8 month old Rhode Island Red now. It sounds so funny at first, I thought what in the world was that sound!? He started doing something similar, but then it developed into a partial crow... like an ER OOOO... and an ER ER OOOO... He finally got it down after a few weeks of trying. Though sometimes he still only partially crows. It always amuses me! [​IMG]

10. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Holy crow! That is INSANE! I certainly don't thinkk the dh would let that guy around for too long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by