First Crow!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by maurerwerks, Oct 7, 2010.

1. maurerwerks

maurerwerks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Sunapee
    My beautiful (I'll post a photo tomorrow) 16-week old SLW rooster, Cyril, crowed for the first time this morning. I think that he had been practicing in secret out behind the coop, although I've heard nothing, because it was a full-fledged fabulous crow! I am so proud of him. Folks at work think I'm nuts. Thanks for being here BYC friends!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Wendy'sChicksRock

Wendy'sChicksRock Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Oakland county ,MI
    [​IMG] still waiting for mine and they are 17 weeks. When they start to crow they must go, sadly we cant keep roosters here [​IMG]

3. Tartannik

Tartannik Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Wet Argyll, Scotland
    Woohoo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. maurerwerks

Jun 29, 2009
    Sunapee
    Wendy'sChicksRock :

[​IMG] still waiting for mine and they are 17 weeks. When they start to crow they must go, sadly we cant keep roosters here [​IMG]

I'm so sorry you can't have a roo [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] WooHoo! [​IMG]
    Way to go Cyril! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This morning my RIR roo and my Silver EE roo both crowed!!! [​IMG]

6. chickenmommie

chickenmommie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    That is so awsome CONGRATIULTIONS!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. WisconsinChickenWhisperer

WisconsinChickenWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Webster, Wisconsin
    Congrats! [​IMG]

Today my newly named SLB roo, Meatloaf, attempted to crow for the first time-well, that I have heard, anyway! I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time! He tried again about 5 more times, each time more pathetic than the last. Funny stuff![​IMG]

8. maurerwerks

Jun 29, 2009
    Sunapee
    So, this morning found my DH and I quietly creeping out to the coop at about 6:15 - the time that Cyril crowed yesterday. A little mumbling in there, but nothing else. As we quietly listened, our ears straining for the magic cock-a-doodle-doo, there was only quiet mumbling.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pretty soon we couldn't stand it any more and both of us raised up our heads and.... "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!"

Nothing
    [​IMG]
    So, I opened the door and everyone was standing in their "let me out" line and happily flapped out into the run. Cyril stopped and shook his head at us, but no crowing.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe tomorrow...

9. shareverwonder

shareverwonder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Northern Ohio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on the COCK A DOODLE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

This morning, Nugget, my bantam Cochin managed a real crow. He's been kazooing for a couple of weeks, adding a syllable to his tinny ERRRRRR every few days. He belted out a good crow this morning from behind me, and I turned to look because it sounded as good as Charlie's crow (bantam Buff Brahma) but Charlie was in FRONT of me, eating BOSS.

It was Nugget! Way to go, boy! And Nugget actually has a long tailfeather now! Just 'cause he's small doesn't mean he isn't growing up. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by