First Crow!!

maurerwerks

Songster
10 Years
Jun 29, 2009
Sunapee
My beautiful (I'll post a photo tomorrow) 16-week old SLW rooster, Cyril, crowed for the first time this morning. I think that he had been practicing in secret out behind the coop, although I've heard nothing, because it was a full-fledged fabulous crow! I am so proud of him. Folks at work think I'm nuts. Thanks for being here BYC friends!

clap.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
D.gif

Wendy'sChicksRock :

clap.gif
still waiting for mine and they are 17 weeks. When they start to crow they must go, sadly we cant keep roosters here
hit.gif

I'm so sorry you can't have a roo
hugs.gif

Congrats!
woot.gif

Today my newly named SLB roo, Meatloaf, attempted to crow for the first time-well, that I have heard, anyway! I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time! He tried again about 5 more times, each time more pathetic than the last. Funny stuff!
clap.gif

So, this morning found my DH and I quietly creeping out to the coop at about 6:15 - the time that Cyril crowed yesterday. A little mumbling in there, but nothing else. As we quietly listened, our ears straining for the magic cock-a-doodle-doo, there was only quiet mumbling.
hu.gif
fl.gif

Pretty soon we couldn't stand it any more and both of us raised up our heads and.... "COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!!!"

Nothing
barnie.gif

So, I opened the door and everyone was standing in their "let me out" line and happily flapped out into the run. Cyril stopped and shook his head at us, but no crowing.
idunno.gif

Maybe tomorrow...

This morning, Nugget, my bantam Cochin managed a real crow. He's been kazooing for a couple of weeks, adding a syllable to his tinny ERRRRRR every few days. He belted out a good crow this morning from behind me, and I turned to look because it sounded as good as Charlie's crow (bantam Buff Brahma) but Charlie was in FRONT of me, eating BOSS.

It was Nugget! Way to go, boy! And Nugget actually has a long tailfeather now! Just 'cause he's small doesn't mean he isn't growing up.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom