First day of my chickens

Today is the sixth day of my hens at home and all the fears of the beginning are passing.
Today they have already entered the henhouse alone, and without much trouble, when it got dark. Before yesterday it was a drama to put them. I had to do it one by one and closing the door every time I put one in. Yesterday was a bit complicated, but they entered by themselves, the last one almost completely at night. Today it was a delight to see them climb their ladder to get in and get on the perch almost immediately.
I'm very happy.

Today has been a rainy day in Spain and, of course, it was the first time my chickens saw and felt the rain.
I have to admit that they didn't like it very much.
They left in the morning, when I opened the door for them, no problem, but they were scared by the rain and took refuge under the coop, where they have dry food and water to drink, but little by little they have been coming out and I have realized who like to drink water from puddles of rainwater.
Then they had a great time digging for bugs, I guess.

When the rain stopped a little, they would go out to dig and eat acorns, which is their favorite treat.

20201020_220512.jpg

Back
Top Bottom