First EE egg! plus...egg with "heavy bloom"?

Quoting.... Buff Orpington and Black Australorp (all 25 weeks) and two Silver-Laced Wyandottes (26 weeks). Edit -
Also, this pinkish egg is from one of our older girls (about 33 weeks)

Congratulations! What pretty eggs!

I did this with the very first egg I got. It's not easy to poke a hole in an eggshell, I found. Be very gentle, and if someone will hold the egg for you, that will help. Then I took a straightened out paper clip to "scramble" the egg inside the shell. Blowing the contents out took some doing; it was a tiny egg -- 17 grams. I finally held a straw over the hole and blew through the straw to get enough air pressure to get the white and yolk out.

I still have the shell. I smile whenever I see it.
I used store bought eggs when I did it. Definitely much thinner shells.

If your girls ever stop feeding you eggs and you have to use store eggs... I eviscerated the store egg cracking it with the force of a backyard egg hahaha

Click mintdeer..... View all threads. She had Rhode island red chickens. Edit - Find all threads. Edit 2 - Dec 24, 2014 and RIR April 2020 then like June 2020 silver laced wyandottes...... One of them.

I did this with the very first egg I got. It's not easy to poke a hole in an eggshell, I found. Be very gentle, and if someone will hold the egg for you, that will help. Then I took a straightened out paper clip to "scramble" the egg inside the shell. Blowing the contents out took some doing; it was a tiny egg -- 17 grams. I finally held a straw over the hole and blew through the straw to get enough air pressure to get the white and yolk out.

I still have the shell. I smile whenever I see it.

I did a goose egg once (and half my lips don't fully work because of Belle's Palsy when I was eight). Talk about WORK. I think it was accidentally broken at some point. I'll need to do another once I have geese again.

That is such a lovely set of eggs!

Last edited:
Of course not. I misled you. Sorry. Detective work and laughing emoji.... I am also curious if silver laced Wyandotte does a pink egg. It is based on their earlobes isn't it? Rhode island red or new Hampshire red hen won't do a pink egg will they? Op we need you. Mintdeer........ Edit The New Hampshire chicken is a dual-purpose chicken. It is both an excellent egg layer and a meat producer. The New Hampshire hen can lay around 200 large eggs per year. The eggs are tinted light brown. On average, the New Hampshire hen can be expected to lay 1-3 eggs per week. The hen produces the most eggs during the winter months of the year.

The Wyandotte chicken egg color tan (or brown) will always be what Silver Laced Wyandottes lay, as well as every other variety of Wyandotte, because they all belong to the same breed. Golden Laced Wyandotte egg colors will be brown, Blue Wyandotte egg-shell colors will be brown, White Wyandotte egg-shell colors will also be brown, and so on. Sourch: bing

Back
Top Bottom