First egg after waiting about 20 weeks

dindonuffin

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2016
Central Alabama
Got my first egg yesterday from one of the Legbars. It was a small very light blue egg. The others should be laying any day now as well.
Oh and the one I thought might be a rooster......well he is, boy is he. When he grew up he grew up in a hurry if you know what I mean.

The wait is finally over
celebrate.gif
Its always a great test of patience, waiting for that first egg. My araucana laid her first egg last week and i was so excited, it was a bit pathetic, i must admit
hide.gif

Got another egg yesterday!!!!!
Not sure if it's from the same hen or the other legbar. This one was pretty small also but it was laid on the other end of the nestbox from where the first one was so maybe I have two laying now???

Maybe so, they are cute little birds and their eggs are small but they look perfect as far as shape and everything.
Also I have a young rooster that has just come of age this week and is showing the girls what a rooster is far. I only have four girls and the one rooster. I'm afraid that if he gets too aggressive with them either I will have to find some more girls or get rid of him.
It's really sort of funny, last Thursday was the first time I heard him crow, then Saturday he started trying to mount everything in the yard. He sure turned into a rooster in a hurry!!!!

Back
Top Bottom