First egg after waiting about 20 weeks

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dindonuffin, Sep 4, 2016.

1. dindonuffin

dindonuffin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2016
    Central Alabama
    Got my first egg yesterday from one of the Legbars. It was a small very light blue egg. The others should be laying any day now as well.
    Oh and the one I thought might be a rooster......well he is, boy is he. When he grew up he grew up in a hurry if you know what I mean.

2. Dolivo

Dolivo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2016
    congrats!! I can't wait until I start getting blue and green eggs from my ee's.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    The wait is finally over [​IMG] Its always a great test of patience, waiting for that first egg. My araucana laid her first egg last week and i was so excited, it was a bit pathetic, i must admit [​IMG]

4. dindonuffin

Apr 19, 2016
    Central Alabama
    Got another egg yesterday!!!!!
    Not sure if it's from the same hen or the other legbar. This one was pretty small also but it was laid on the other end of the nestbox from where the first one was so maybe I have two laying now???

5. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    Very possibly - hope its a second girl getting her act together [​IMG]

6. dindonuffin

Apr 19, 2016
    Central Alabama
    Maybe so, they are cute little birds and their eggs are small but they look perfect as far as shape and everything.
    Also I have a young rooster that has just come of age this week and is showing the girls what a rooster is far. I only have four girls and the one rooster. I'm afraid that if he gets too aggressive with them either I will have to find some more girls or get rid of him.
    It's really sort of funny, last Thursday was the first time I heard him crow, then Saturday he started trying to mount everything in the yard. He sure turned into a rooster in a hurry!!!!

7. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    They can think they can run before they can walk for sure [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by