First Egg Countdown

Fiona, on the left, is a 21 wk old EE who squated for me today!!! Sally, on the right, is a 20 wk old BW Amerucana. I can hardly wait for blue and green eggs!!!

Fiona, on the left, is a 21 wk old EE who squated for me today!!! Sally, on the right, is a 20 wk old BW Amerucana. I can hardly wait for blue and green eggs!!!
I have on that looks like your EE-She is seven weeks old!

Mine laid an egg a week after they started squatting. You should have a blue green egg soon!

Ron

Wow, those are really beautiful birds Mtnhens4! Sally does look like she is going to hold off for a while on egg-laying, as her comb doesn't appear to be pinking up. But I have heard that purebred Ameraucanas do tend to take their own sweet time.

I love EEs with black beards, it reminds me of a lumberjack for some reason. :p

I got my first egg from my 33 week leghorn yesterday!!!!

And so, of course, I'm moving on to- when will my black stars lay?
gig.gif

They're 23 weeks. One's starting to get a comb, but the others is small and pink.
I don't think they'll lay for a few weeks, though. I've had horrible luck with 'early maturing' breeds.

My girls are 20 weeks old today. I'm eagerly waiting for eggs and wondering where in the yard they will choose to lay as they are free range all day. Love my girls!

That's a great picture MadameDork!! My three girls are the same age as yours (they'll be 21 weeks in a couple of days) and I am also awaiting the first egg. I have two Australorps and an Australorp/ New Hampshire cross.

One of my Australorps is starting to get a little red in the face, but she is not squatting yet - so I'm thinking it might still be a couple of weeks away.

Here's a pic of the three of them at 13 weeks :)

Thank you Pele, I was really suprised when she squated for me, I wasn't even thinking about getting eggs from the EE for another month or so and 2 months from the Amerucana but they will lay eggs eventually.
tongue.png

That's a great picture MadameDork!! My three girls are the same age as yours (they'll be 21 weeks in a couple of days) and I am also awaiting the first egg. I have two Australorps and an Australorp/ New Hampshire cross.

One of my Australorps is starting to get a little red in the face, but she is not squatting yet - so I'm thinking it might still be a couple of weeks away.

Here's a pic of the three of them at 13 weeks :)

gig.gif
oh my, I love that name! It makes me wonder why I didn't name my EE Madam Dork.

It's looking like we have at least two females in our new little Faverolle batch. Maybe 3 (if I am deluding myself :p).

I got my 1st Egg ever on Saturday!!!!
wee.gif

Mole Negro my black ameraucana is somewhere around 30ish weeks.... I got her 24 weeks ago and she was about 6-8 weeks old. I found it when I was getting help fixing a door on my coop. So it was a total surprise!! It was on the floor in the middle of the coop but the next day when I went out to feed them she came out grabbed a bite and went back in... So I waited and she went into a nesting box scratched around and then moved to one further back in the coop.... The other chickens went in to see what was up so I thought no way she won't lay an egg with them in there... and then I hear a magic DROP!!! Smart girl. Since Sat I have gotten 4 EGGS! I have them sitting on my counter .... I just sit and stare ... they are so PRETTY!

Here she is posing for the camera.

And here is a pix of her lovely minty green egg... although it looks white in the picture ....

It was promptly dropped by my 2 year old godson and well this is what it looked like....

Beautiful dark yellow and YES there is a bullseye! My 5 month old Silkie Tiny has been a busy boy......

Now if only Caesar will get with the program!!! She is 24 weeks old..... and my bantam cochin & cochin frizzle but I hear they can take AGES to lay!!!

Back
Top Bottom