First Egg Ever!

Well after having started laying those perfect green eggs 2 weeks ago, Olive did not lay the past 2 days..then this morning she laid a huge egg!
I had heard that eggs would get bigger with time but I was surprised at how it grew just between 1 laying and wasn't a gradual increase. Her egg this morning is like grocery store size! Take a look...(yes same hen I watched her lay it!)
20211002_082321.jpg

Well after having started laying those perfect green eggs 2 weeks ago, Olive did not lay the past 2 days..then this morning she laid a huge egg!
I had heard that eggs would get bigger with time but I was surprised at how it grew just between 1 laying and wasn't a gradual increase. Her egg this morning is like grocery store size! Take a look...(yes same hen I watched her lay it!)
View attachment 2853284
I wonder if it's double yolk?:eek:

Ohhh that would be exciting. As you can tell I am currently just collecting and admiring her eggs...they are so pretty I don't want to eat them! I did blow out and preserve one though.
That was me when my favorite hen(a cream legbar) started laying her beautiful blue eggs. Except that for me it would be that I wouldn't let anyone else eat her eggs, only me. So I got mad whenever someone would use it or eat it.😂🤦‍♀️ Now I am not really like that but I do still love eating her gorgeous blue eggs! Once you do check you should send a pic of the inside of the egg!;)

View attachment 2853284
I'd bet all my eggs that you got yourself a double yolker there! Pics when you finally cracked it open!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom