First Egg.. finally

I know exactly how you're feeling right now! I got my 1st egg last Friday from my Buckeye hen, I think. I sent picture text to everybody I could think. I have got 2 more from her since. Yesterday I found out she is a late layer, she laid her egg some time between 1:00 and 3:00. Hopefully my Australorp and Holland will follow suit pretty soon.

welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio

Great. Mine are laying at different times. I went in this morning and one of the hens was laying on the nest, so I left and went back later to find 3 eggs in 3 different nests, so I guess mine lay at different times.

Great. Mine are laying at different times. I went in this morning and one of the hens was laying on the nest, so I left and went back later to find 3 eggs in 3 different nests, so I guess mine lay at different times.

I seem to recall reading that they lay on 26 hour cycles, so 10 a.m. one day, noon the next, 2 p.m. the next, till night when they take a day off.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, but mine seem to be somewhat like that.

Thanks guys. I am so glad I found this site. Well, a friend actually told me about it, but I'm glad I came.

Welcome aboard! To me, looking in that nest box is like the adult version of Christmas! It's always exciting and a feeling more people need to experience!! :D

Back
Top Bottom