First egg from Easter egger

Rick M

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 21, 2018
Southwest Missouri
Been waiting for different color eggs for several months now. We've had barred rock and red sex links for over a year now.
This spring I order some white leghorns pullets, some welsummer pullets got 2 hems and a freebie cockerel in the mix, some easter eggers. The welsummers and leghorns have been laying for a couple weeks and today one of the easter eggers dropped a baby egg. Love the colors. 20190926_134347.jpg

Yay! Most likely, your other EE will lay a slightly different, or very different color.
Is the dark brown egg from your Welsummer? That's a nice dark color. Only one of my Wellies is laying, and the eggs are varying a lot in color. The speckled one in my avatar is the first egg she laid. Cute like a quail egg. The subsequent ones have been smaller more densely placed specks.

Been waiting for different color eggs for several months now. We've had barred rock and red sex links for over a year now.
This spring I order some white leghorns pullets, some welsummer pullets got 2 hems and a freebie cockerel in the mix, some easter eggers. The welsummers and leghorns have been laying for a couple weeks and today one of the easter eggers dropped a baby egg. Love the colors. View attachment 1918524
I have 2 welsummers and I absolutely love their dark eggs! What a beautiful array of eggs you're getting! YAY!!!

Yay! Most likely, your other EE will lay a slightly different, or very different color.
Is the dark brown egg from your Welsummer? That's a nice dark color. Only one of my Wellies is laying, and the eggs are varying a lot in color. The speckled one in my avatar is the first egg she laid. Cute like a quail egg. The subsequent ones have been smaller more densely placed specks.
Yes the dark one is from one of the welsummer pullets.

Congratulations on those first eggs. My EEs started just barely over a month ago. I have six EEs. I got my first six egg day yesterday. I'm new to chickens, and the EEs were my test case. Now I'm going to go for a more rainbow egg basket. Like yours. But I refuse to get caught up in chicken math. So as I add new chickens, I am going to rehome some of my EEs. My plan is to keep the bluest, and the deepest green. Consequently I spent many hours determining which chicken laid which egg. Quite frankly it nearly drove me crazy. When I had four birds laying, one day I would get four seafoam green eggs. The next day I would get to seafoam green, one bright blue, and one almost olive green. I know a chicken lays the same color egg all its life. But nobody ever told me about tints. They DEFINITELY change tints, sometimes daily. Maybe because they're so young. Whatever. But I know the tints change. Would love to hear your experience with this.

Back
Top Bottom