First Egg!! So which lady laid it? *with PICS of course*

one way is to put pin holes in each end..one hole a bit larger than the other and blow the egg out. We used to do that to make easter eggs that we decorated and wanted to keep. You have to put the pin down into the yolk to make the blowing process easier or your eyes will look like...
ep.gif

I've heard you can also let them dry up if you have a warm place. I did that with a robin's egg, though the color faded in the sun -maybe I could bake this egg in a low oven? I'd like to keep it without holes so I can display it as-is. Has anyone tried that?

That scale is so awesome! Ebay, huh? Hmmmm.....

And congrats on the egg! My silkie UhOh laid her first(for me) almost 2 weeks ago, and I've had 1 everyday since! Enjoy eating it!

mlheran, when my girls were little I found a couple of their easter eggs in their drawers...it sounded like a tiny ball inside of it. Yes, if you are careful not to break it you can let it dry out but it will take months...but if you are saving the egg anyway...what are a few months?
wink.png

Re saving your egg--I have several of the very small eggs -"Wind eggs" I think they are called - that a hen sometimes lays when they are starting or stopping laying. About the size of a dime or nickel. They dried right up. However, I had a full sized egg that had wrinkles in the shell that I wanted to save, and laid it up, and apparently it rotted, and then it exploded, getting stinking egg all over the place, so I don't know if this is a normal happening, or if I was just unlucky. Thought I would warn you, tho, to lay it somewhere it won't make as much difference if it explodes.

Back
Top Bottom