First Egg Thanksgiving Day? The Power of Positive Thoughts

chick-n-pigs

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 19, 2012
Lakewood, CO
We have 25 girls. They hatched on June 29, 2012. That makes them 20.5 weeks today. All arrived from MMM hatchery healthy and vibrant and they have been eating, pooping and eating, and eating and pooping ever since. I have been keeping an eye on a couple BR and RR the last couple of days. I suspect we are due for our first egg any day now.

The coop is *mostly* complete. They have shelter, supplemental light, roosting poles, nesting boxes, plenty of fresh clean water, food, scratch, entertainment, treats, clean fresh air, outside time, straw, grit, oyster shell, more entertainment.... the list goes on and on. Now, all we have remaining is that one and only "first egg".

I am hoping for the first egg on Thanksgiving day. The weather here is supposed to be mid 60 degrees; perfect day for the first egg. Are you with me? Lets see if we can get enough positive energy sent to the girls that they say "Thanks Dad! - here is an egg for all your hard work"
yippiechickie.gif

Here is a picture of the coop that is *mostly* complete:

First egg was laid this morning by Amelia. It was close by a couple of days, but not thanksgiving day. Oh well. I had a couple of things left to do on the nest boxes (which I completed yesterday) and perhaps they were holding out on me :)

Wow nice coop..your investment will pay off soon, those girls will be very happy to give you plenty of eggs since you are giving them such a nice hen house.

Back
Top Bottom