First egg(update page 2)

I have 14 pullets that are now 23 weeks old. The first egg arrived at exactly 20 weeks of age, or nearly 3 weeks ago. Since then, I have gotten approximately 4 1/2 dozen eggs from various pullets. I think they all have laid at least one egg, one or two as many as 8-10 each.

I have been getting a variety of color and size. I have one auracana that has laid 5 green eggs---not every day but I'll get 2 days in a row then skip a day.

The first egg arrived on a Friday afternoon and I didn't get the next one until 4 days later. I have also been getting several eggs with a rubberly outside or a very weak shell and they break right away. I actually witnessed a pullet lay an egg, which I assume was her first, as it was rubbery and it almost bounced when it landed on the grass. It was very interesting to watch the girl as she was panting and was very distressed about the whole ordeal.

The most eggs I have gotten in one day was 8, but one was broken.

Also, they come at all hours of the day. One usually right away in the morning, a few more by noon when I go home for lunch, and then a few more when I get home late afternoon.

There have been several weak shelled or no shell on the roost in the morning. Our roosts have chicken wire under them so they don't always fall into the droppings pit all the way.

Update. Checked the coop just before dark and found a perfect small egg on the floor of the run. This one a different color than the first broken shell one.
woot.gif
2 hens must be laying.
ya.gif

celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

It is very fun to go and see how many eggs we get. My hens just started laying about 2 wks ago. I have been getting about 4 eggs a day then today I got 5!!!
celebrate.gif
I still haven't figured out who is laying what!!!
idunno.gif
But it is still fun!!!

Congrates Again!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom