First Egg!!! Whoo hoo!!! (pics added)

Kikiriki

Songster
May 26, 2011
Roanoke County, Virginia
One of my girls just laid an egg!! Yippee! :lol:

It is perfect, a good size, good shell, nice shape and even color!

One hen, Minik, is very confused about all the termoil the other two have been in today. Sandy has been very vocal, going off by herself, and kept going back to the coop. I added some crumpled newspaper to the nest box to make it a little fluffier. She is very shy of people, but she let me hold her. I could see the feathers on her bottom were moving rythmically. I encouraged her to go to the nest box. She did and began scratching and turning and moving the decoy egg around. Annie Oakleaf joined her and her feathers were also moving in the same way. I went in the house for the camera ( battery dead, of course!) and when I came out, Annie was wandering around the run, Sandy was still in the nest, and I had decoy egg + 1 in the nest!! Talk about bad timing! Ha!

I dont know if Annie or Sandy laid it, though... Is Sandy still waiting for her egg, or is she feeling the desire to sit on her egg? (I already took it out, though, so just the decoy is in the nest now)

Annie is just back to normal... So was she just sympathizing with Sandy, or did she lay the egg?

Oh, everyone is out and quiet, now...i have to go see if we got another egg...

Last edited:
Annie and Sandy both laid eggs!!! I think Sandy's is the paler and larger one because she is both paler in coloring and larger than Annie.

The forward egg was the first, I think from Sandy, and the rear egg came within the hour, I think from Annie. Sandy does not have the yellow legs of the other two and has more white colored feathers. The brown egg is the smaller of the two.

I am SO eggcited!!!
ya.gif

Minik is the one on the far left alone, Sandy is in the middle, Annie on the far right.

Congratulations!!!!!! I know you are egg cited as I was too on May 5 th when I got my first eggs!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

WOO HOO! Its always exciting when they lay their first eggs. I didnt even want to eat them, I wish I could have petrified them or something like that Especially the silkie egg, it was SO cute!!!

Back
Top Bottom