First egg!! Yay!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TcherDawn, Nov 12, 2010.

1. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    We got our first egg from our almost 20 week old White Leghorn Snowball. She is so sweet and not flighty at all. Our most scared/flighty chicks are the Partridge and White Cochins! Go figure. The small white egg had a small streak of blood on it. Is that normal? I looked at her behind and it is white and seems fine? Yay for Snowball. Who will be next???

2. pawprint2104

pawprint2104 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    SF Bay Area
    Quote:I don't know about the bit o' blood. But, Congrats on your first egg! [​IMG] It's a relief after the long wait, isn't it? I see many eggs in your future [​IMG]

3. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Yay! Congratulations! First eggs are so exciting [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Quote:Congrats to yall and Snowball! Dont worry about the small blood streak; little blood specks or streaks are usually normal for first time layers. Who's next? Snowball, of course lol!!

5. TcherDawn

TcherDawn Granite State Chook

Jan 30, 2009
    Prescott, AZ
    So glad to hear that it is nothing to worry about. That is my oldest son's favorite pet. Maybe the Red Star Ruby or Barred Rock Tiger will be next? And of course Snowball again. :) Good girls. Woot Woot!!!

6. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Yay! For your first egg. [​IMG] The other will catch on very soon. I went from one egg the first day, to 3 the next, and so on and now I am getting 9-10 a day out of 14 hens after only 3 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by