First Egg

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JeepTree, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JeepTree

JeepTree New Egg

Feb 25, 2017
    Bloomington, IN
    So we got our chicks in the fall hoping for some spring layers. I knew we were getting close to the 5 mth mark so the other day I made sure I opened the main coop door to check for eggs. Today I forgot to. Our coop has a pull out tray and when I pulled it out to clean it I hear a crushing sound. Dog gone it! Lol Guess the EE is laying. So now the nesting boxes have been set up for business. Hope the others start laying too or don't make a mess of the nests. [​IMG]
    In the compost area.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Congratulations on the first egg -- I am sorry it got smushed, have heard that crushing sound a time or two myself when someone decided to lay an egg in the bedding and it got buried before I went out to do coop chores and stepped on them. Here's hoping the rest of your girls follow suit *and* that they get the hang of using the nest boxes so you don't have any more accidents!

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congrats on getting that 1st egg! Accidents happen, I'm sure you'll be seeing more (whole) eggs soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats on your first egg! So egg-citing too! Sorry about it getting crushed. [​IMG] You will be getting lots more soon. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by